One good way to get your mind off the repatriation process is to book your schedule full so there's not much time left to really think about it. In our case, that's exactly what we've been doing. Jeff and I hit the ground running when we came back to California and have spent the past month keeping ourselves busy. Most of it has been for Jeff's hockey tournaments, but I've had fun tagging along.
I think I'm slowly getting into a new routine, which I hope will include more time for writing and blogging. In the meantime, here are some photos from the past few weeks.
1. A rest area somewhere in the Mojave Desert.
2. Nachos from Freebirds, a restaurant in Santa Barbara (technically it's in Isla Vista). We used to come here all the time in college.
3. Jeff's cousin Austin and Austin's daughter, Amber.
4. Driving into Las Vegas. That row of buildings (casinos) in the distance is the California/Nevada border.
5. A stop at the Mad Greek Cafe in Baker, CA, a popular place to stop for a bite to eat on the drive into Las Vegas.
6. Jeff in action at the Sin City Shootout. His team won the Division A Championship.
Have a good weekend!